Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Transitional Time, Transitional Wine... Emma Pearl Pinot Noir 2013

On the label:  Uncork. Sip. Exhale. Emma Pearl Pinot Noir cascades over the tongue with rich cherry, strawberry and dark chocolate flavors. The wine is well-structured with a dark red fruit driven finish and plush, round tannins.

A toast or too toasty?
You decide!
The Hub
Winey Girl Says: I sent my husband to Trader Joe's, on an errand to get some more Green Fin Pinot Noir, which I absolutely love. (I haven't written about it yet! That's what the wine run was for!!)  It's getting a little cooler, yet not cold, and I thought Pinot fit the bill nicely. Back to story... the Fin was out of vintage, sadly, and Emma was suggested as a reasonable substitute. $3.99. Great price, and well within my cheap yet classy parameter. However... I just can't recommend this wine as one that I really like. It's pretty  harsh. I smell tobacco, and even though I like Cigar Box Malbec, this is a different tobacco smell. It almost smells a little sour, and I employed The Hub to share in this one, just to make sure I am being fair. Words like serious, bitter, edgy like a teenager... exciting and sassy came to mind. My biggest problem with it was it made me really thirsty. Why was that? I had eaten a lovely meal at a local restaurant that I know didn't contain a bunch of salt. And, I had plenty of water beforehand too. Bottom line, I just don't prefer this wine.



The good thing is even though we bought a case, you can return any unopened bottles, so all is not lost. Also, we had an absolutely fabulous wine tasting in our treehouse again, this time, at night! So, even though the wine wasn't as magical as I imagined, the night was a success! Our first cool day with a nice breeze, and we took total advantage of it. I'm getting excited about Apothic's seasonals which are coming!!

Red Winey rating: 2 stars

Affectionately yours until next wine, Winey Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment