Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday, Mondavi Sunday...2013 Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir

On the Label: Robert Mondavi Private Selection was founded in 1994 by Robert Mondavi to capture the delicious flavors from California's best vineyards. And that's what we're doing 20 years on. We invite you to experience our Pinot Noir. Smell: Strawberry, roses, vanilla; Taste: Cherry, raspberry; Pair: Pot Stickers, lamb burgers. robertmondaviprivateselection.com

Robert Mondavi Private Selection
2013 Pinot Noir
Winey Girl Says: I decided, with that bottle of magnificent Meritage, to proclaim this Mondavi March at Winey Girl!

I am willing to overlook the grammatical errors which smack me in the face with that second sentence (on the label)!! Put that aside, and we have yet another beautiful RM wine. I am not a huge fan of Pinot Noir, but this one is light and dry, which I really appreciate. The cherry does take over a bit too much for this girl at first sip, and I wish I could smell the roses, but the buds are already on the maple trees, so forget smelling anything over the obvious right now!! On second sip, this wine is truly a masterpiece, and the oakiness I love really stands out!

It's going to be great with the roast London Broil and veggies I made earlier, and I have dark chocolate brownies for dessert, in anticipation of a small glass to finish. Wine really does lift the spirits, and on this beautiful, sunny day, RM's Pinot Noir pairs well with abundant sunshine!

"Fine wine can turn a good meal into a feast."
                                                                       -Robert Mondavi

Until next wine, affectionately yours, Winey Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment